Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tacos!

Last week I found out tacos can be healthy for you and still taste amazingly good! By my work there is this Taqueria (Spanish for taco shop) where we had lunch, and the tacos were really good! The best part of the experience is what was in the tacos, only grilled marinated chicken,cilantro, and fresh salsa on a very small corn tortilla. I realized I did not need any cheese or sour cream on my taco, and nor did I need a big portion to feel satisfied. I also skipped out choosing the burrito, which was probably the best decision I made that day. Finding out this is actually the authentic way tacos are made kind of makes me wonder why we need to have cheese or sour cream on our tacos at fast food places like Taco Bell, or school lunches? Another shocking thing I learned from Jamie Olivers Food Revolution we are the first generation expected to die earlier then our parents all because of our terrible diet. That statistic should really make all of us stop and think for a second. We need to start eating healthier, and it starts at home parents! More on my thoughts on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment